Today is a great day to file taxes in Billings, Montana! The 2022 tax season brings some significant changes to the tax code, and opportunity for Montana taxpayers to get some great refunds. Folks have a lot of questions about how to file taxes in 2022, and the tax experts at Elite are fully up to date and ready to assist.
How Can I Get My Tax Return Filed For the Lowest Price Near Me?
Starting now, and for the month of February 2022, Elite Accounting, Consulting & Tax is offering prices starting at $79 to prepare and file individual tax returns. Whether you’re single or married filing jointly or separately, as long as you have no business or other special filings Elite can prep your taxes file electronically with the IRS for only $79!
Also, if you’re worried that you don’t have the money to pay to have your taxes filed today there’s a way we can help. We can prepare and file your taxes immediately for no up-front cost, and you pay out of your refund. This can be very helpful when people can’t afford to file their taxes right away but need to get their maximum refund as quickly as possible.
This offer is available at our Billings West End location as well as our Billings Heights location, and we currently accepting new clients at both locations. You can call to schedule an appointment or just walk in to get your taxes filed right away.
When Can I File Taxes 2022?
The IRS opened the 2022 tax season for filing, including electronic E-Filing on Monday, January 24th, 2022. The agency began accepting filings for individual returns on this date.
By starting on January 24 the IRS has time to perform the programming and testing to ensure that IRS systems can run smoothly this year. This updated programming will make certain that individual tax payers who are eligible can claim the proper amount of the Child Tax Credit after comparing their 2021 advance credits. Taxpayers will also be able claim any remaining stimulus money from 2021 as a Recovery Rebate Credit when filing their 2021 tax return.
How Can I File My Taxes for Free?
We meet folks every year who did their own taxes to avoid paying filing fees, and who ended up making mistakes. There are plenty of businesses, too, who claim to offer free filing, but there’s actually no such thing. You, the consumer, do end up paying for the filing, but you just don’t pay up front or in a way that’s straightforward. Also, the Internal Revenue Service offers a couple of ways for individual taxpayers to file taxes for free, but there are very good reasons to use a qualified tax preparer like us instead:
- Many individuals and businesses have a tax situation that is more complicated than they think
- The tax code can be complicated, and difficult to fully understand unless you are fully up to date on all the latest state and federal tax regulations
- Small mistakes completing your tax return can cost you big time: penalties and interest on taxes owed can have serious financial consequences
- Making sure you get the very best possible tax refund, or owe the least amount of tax, means making sure you’re claiming everything you possibly can to offset your taxable income
- A fully-trained tax professional knows exactly what questions to ask and where to look to find all the best tax credits and deductions